FARGO, N.D. (KFGO AM) -- A man has been charged with failing to control or report a fire for a blaze early last month that heavily damaged about a half dozen storage units in north Fargo.
The charge against Brian Tibesar is a misdemeanor.
A police detective says Tibesar was developed as a suspect by video surveillance at Mid-States Storage on 12th street north.
He admitted that he had candles burning inside a storage unit and fell asleep.
He told the investigator that he awoke to the fire, but it was too large to put out.
Tibesar made no attempt to report the fire.
Fire crews had to cut through the gate with power saws to get onto the property.