SPRINGFIELD, MN (MNN) -- Health officials say anxiety, not carbon monoxide poisoning may be responsible for sending 30 Springfield Elementary School students to the hospital Thursday. Superintendent KLeith Kottke says they've also ruled out school breakfast or the trip on the school bus.
Kottke says the students were in the auditorium on the stage before complaining of being hot and having headaches and stomache-aches. Officials say it may have been a case of mass psychogenic illness, where symptoms are felt by a group when only one person is actually sick.
Kids are set to return to school Monday.