WAHETON, N.D. (KFGO-AM) -- A Wahpeton man was taken to St. Francis Medical Center in Breckenridge after the SUV he was driving burst into flames in south Wahpeton.
KFGO's Gary Rogers says the man was smoking and the cigarette ignited gasoline fumes.
Asst. Fire Chief Dale Rubish says the extent of the man's injuries isn't clear. He suffered burns. The victim had a weed trimmer and a chairsaw in the vehicle. He was able to get out of the vehicle on his own.
Police, fire crews and Wahpeton-Breckenridge Ambulance responded to the call on 6th St. East shortly before 3pm Thurs.