ULEN, Minn. (KFGO AM) -- A Ulen, Minnesota area boy is fighting for his life after swallowing a Tide pod.
One-year old Alexander Rohde is in Sanford's Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.
Family members say they're not surprised that a child would eat the laundry pod because it looks like a gummy treat.
The family says it's time to change the look of them. Poison control centers have received more than 9,500 reports of children five and under coming in contact with or swallowing pods since early last year.
The first reported death came this past August, when a one-year-old died after swallowing one in Florida.