These look amazing and are guaranteed to put a smile on your Valentine's face!
And the secret between you and I, they're super easy! In and out of the kitchen in 20 mins!
(this is my personal photo)
Mini Cherry Pie Hearts
* Refrigerated pie dough (this was using only one of the two pie crusts)
* Cherry pie filling
* Heart shaped cookie cutters
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Get out your cookie sheet and cover with parchment paper.
- Defrost pie dough in your microwave at level 3 for 40 seconds, or let dough sit on counter for 15-20 mins. I chose to use the microwave.
- Roll out the dough and cut out your hearts. Ball up dough that's on counter and roll out with roller to make additional pies/hearts.
- Cut out the smaller heart in the center of half of the hearts.
- Fill your pies with filling of choice over the hearts that have not been cut with additional cutter. I used cherry because it's Eric's favorite, each pie had two cherries and some of the "goo". After you fill the pie, place crust with the heart hole over the top and with a fork, seal your edges. Now, place the smaller heart a top the pie in a location of your choice.
-Place on cookie sheet and bake 12-15 mins or until golden brown.
Let cool and serve with vanilla ice cream!! YUM!!!